Monday, September 5, 2011

Pear Cobbler Recipe



This is a very easy cobbler recipe:
4 c. peaches, apples, or pears
1 c. sugar

Put in a suace pan and heat until just boiling.

While that is cooking, mix together:
 1 c. sugar
 1 c. flour
 1 c. milk


Heat oven to 350 degrees.  Put a 9" x 13" pan in the oven with a stick of butter in it.  Watch it closely and when the butter melts, take it out of the oven.



Pour this mixture into the butter and don't stir it.  Then pour the fruit and sugar mixture on top of this without stirring.  If you can't stand to not stir it,  it isn't going to hurt anything, this is just what my recipe says to do. :)  Also I usually can't stand it if everything is just clumped into the center, so I end up gently moving it to where I want it.

Bake for 30 minutes or until the bread is done.


NOTE:  I like cinnamon, so I add a teaspoon of cinnamon to the fruit and to the flour mixture.

No comments:

Post a Comment